The big push for me is that I can't activate my Fusion Reactor's JDBC request monitoring easily in Railo 3.x because of the issue in this blog post which causes CF-Wheels to have no idea what a newly inserted row's primary key is. I've posted some feedback about possible work arounds at cf-wheels community site thread here: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/cfwheels/JJ-VrEE85ok
1) Uninstalled exising Railo 3.x, which removes the jakarta/isapi connector from IIS
2) Double check that jakarta ISAPI filter entry is removed from IIS.
3) Install Railo 4.Walk Thru: https://github.com/getrailo/railo/wiki/How-To%3A-Upgrade-from-Railo-3.x-to-Railo-4.x
Railo admin required the removal of the following JAR files from Railo/lib before it could apply the patch to 4.0.3.001 because they were in use. I specifically patched to this version because of the issue in this blog post
4) Update SQL Driver. Railo 4.x ships with JDBC 3, I needed JDBC 4, as JDBC 3 has a known bug, which in my case, using Coldfusion CFDBINFO doesn't work.. which only matters.. because CF-Wheels is built around this tag.
5) At this point, the Railo 4.x installer did its magic nicely, and was up and running... of course, without any of my data sources... since I don't want to re-enter them:
- Copy your data sources ( The <data-source /> nodes ) from the xml file at \Railo Inst Folder\lib\railo-server\context\railo-server.xml into your new installation at the same location.
6) So, everything is good now.. except: I need Paul Klinkenberg's most excellent CFCSV tag installed. (url below) Railo 4.x has changed the way extensions are installed. Download the ZIP and upload it to your railo admin.
7) Have you done this yet. how did it go?
- If you want to patch to upgrade your Railo to 4.x just get the Jar files. This solution doesn't however update your world to the Boncode connector, which fixes the bug which makes url rewriting almost impossible as far as I could figure out. https://issues.jboss.org/browse/RAILO-1712
- Tomcat's Server.xml mapping... no longer needed? Is this related to the new Boncode connector? I never moved over my mappings to the new railo installation... but it works.
Railo 4.x Jar Files: http://www.getrailo.org/index.cfm/download/
Specifically, under "Railo 4 Installers" in the bottom right-hand corner: http://www.getrailo.org/down.cfm?item=/railo/remote/download/4.0.2.002/custom/all/railo-4.0.2.002-jars.zip&thankyou=false
SQL JDBC 4.0 Driver Jar's: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=11774
Paul Klinkenberg's most excellent CFCSV tag (Thanks Paul.. you Rock!!): http://www.getrailo.org/index.cfm/extensions/browse-extensions/cfcsv/
Post a Comment